Dublin City University (DCU) is located on the Northside of the capital, on the way into town from the airport.
DCU has three campuses. The conference is located in Purcell House, on the All Hallows Campus.
How to get to DCU?
Where to stay?
- On campus, in Purcell House where the conference is happening?
- On the Northside, in the Maldron hotel (Parnell Square)?
call for abstracts *CLOSED*:
we welcome interdisciplinary proposals at the intersection of sexuality studies and night studies, with a particular focus on urban environments, on the following topics:
- the aesthetic, cultural and sexual dynamics of darkness as potential, chaos and transgression
- intimacy and the urban night
- gender performativity and the urban night
- the fabric of the urban night: fashion criticism
- sexual violence, sex-work and nightlife environments
- the arts of the night: music, performance, urban night-cultures and venues
- activism, night-time culture and night-time economy
- accessibility and forms of exclusion from the urban night: mediated access / (dis)abled bodiness / agency
- urban queer mobilities: migration, transport and their intersections with gender and sexuality
- policing the night: surveillance strategies
- subverting the night: promiscuity, excess, taboo and spaces of deviance
- nocturnal cityscapes: mapping and zoning gender and sexuality
- liminal/borderline/fungible urban spaces
- queer ecologies: queer spaces as part of the urban ecosystem
- sleep and insomnia
- the online night
for these topics, we welcome paper/panel/roundtable proposals (300 words max.) that focus on sexualities, urban life and the night, and speak to the fields of:
addiction studies / advertising / age studies / critical race studies / cultural geography / cultural studies / comparative literature / crip studies / digital humanities / film studies / gender studies / intercultural studies / media and communication studies / migration studies / psychology / queer studies / refugee studies / sexuality studies / urban studies / youth studies
the languages of the conference are English and Spanish
(the languages of abstracts/titles/presentations is be the same as the delivery language)
the conference will be held in Dublin, should the pandemic allow
if we need to move online, we will let people know as soon as possible
conference fees (catering included – lunch / teas + coffees) :
early bird deadline: 4th March 2022
- early bird (till 04/03/22) : euro 100
- full price (from 04/03/22) : euro 150
- attendance only : euro 50